Microsoft® Project 2013 Advanced
1 day course
Course Objective: This course is designed to familiarize you with the advanced features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2013 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
Target Student: Students taking this course are responsible for managing
Target Student: projects in a work environment. This includes creating and maintaining project plans. This course is also for students seeking to become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft
Office Project 2013 certification.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should be able to create a new project plan, manage time in a project plan, manage tasks in a project plan, manage resources in a project plan, and share a project plan.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or greater x86/x64 processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Hard disk with 2.0 GB available disk space
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 minimum resolution
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access (optional)
- Internet access (optional)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screenm to display the instructor's computer screen
Each computer requires the following software:
- Windows® 7, Windows 8, Windows Server® 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012 with .Net 3.5 or greater
- Internet Explorer® 8, 9, or 10; Firefox® 10.x+; Safari® 5 (Mac); or Chrome™ 17.x
- Microsoft® Project Professional 2013 (32-bit version recommended to ensure compatibility with other software)
- Microsoft® Excel® 2007 or higher
- Microsoft® Word 2007 or higher
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2007 or higher
Lesson 1: Managing the Project Environment
Topic A: Link Projects
Topic B: Baseline a Project
Topic C: Work with Custom Fields
Lesson 2: Managing Task Structures
Topic A: Change a Task List
Topic B: Create a Network Diagram
Topic C: Manage the Critical Path
Topic D: Use Lag and Lead
Topic E: Analyze Earned Value
Lesson 3: Generating Project Views
Topic A: Use View Commands
Topic B: Use Existing Views
Topic C: Create Custom Views
Topic D: Format and Share the Timeline View
Lesson 4: Producing Project Reports
Topic A: Use Existing Reports
Topic B: Create Custom Reports
Topic C: Export Visual Reports
Duration and material:
- Course duration 1 day classroom format instructor-led training in a relaxed learning environment allowing for real-time feedback, questions and answers, and hands-on practical exercises.
- Student manual / Workbook provided.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or a quotation.