Microsoft® Project 2010, 2013 or 2016 Advanced
1 day course
Course Objective: This course is designed to familiarize you with the advanced features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2010, 2013 or 2016 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
Target Student: Students taking this course are responsible for managing
projects in a work environment. This includes creating and maintaining project plans.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should be able to create a new project plan, manage time in a project plan, manage tasks in a project plan, manage resources in a project plan, and share a project plan.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Printer (optional) or an installed printer driver
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
Each computer requires the following software:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, 8 or 10
- Microsoft® Office Professional 2010, 2013 or 2016
- Microsoft® Project Professional 2010, 2013 or 2016
- The Microsoft® Office Professional version must be compatible with the Microsoft® Project Professional and therefore the versions must be the same - Office 2010 with Projects 2010, Office 2013 with Projects 2013 or Office 2016 with Projects 2016.
Lesson 1: Executing a Project
Topic A: Enter Task Progress
Topic B: Update Task Progress with SharePoint
Topic C: Update Work
Topic D: Update Costs
Lesson 2: Monitoring Project Progress
Topic A: View Project Progress
Topic B: Add Custom Fields
Topic C: Create Custom Views
Topic D: Create a Network Diagram
Topic E: Analyze a Project Plan
Lesson 3: Controlling a Project Plan
Topic A: Edit the Task List
Topic B: Reschedule Tasks
Topic C: Update a Baseline
Lesson 4: Reporting on Progress
Topic A: Format and Share a Chart View
Topic B: View Existing Reports
Topic C: Create Custom Reports
Topic D: Create a Visual Report
Lesson 5: Customizing the Application
Topic A: Change Project Options
Topic B: Create a Project Plan Template
Topic C: Share Resources
Topic D: Link Project Plans
Duration and material:
- Course duration 1 day classroom format instructor-led training in a relaxed learning environment allowing for real-time feedback, questions and answers, and hands-on practical exercises.
- Student manual / Workbook provided.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or a quotation.